"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

FUNNEST CORRECTION OF THE DECADE - Ace, quel surprise

Update: A love of science compels me to correct this and note that January through August is eight months, rather than "six" as I wrote, at least according the traditional, orthodox manner of counting typically favored by The Establishment. 
By the non-traditional, freethinking Eastern-inflected folkways I prefer, it could be any range of numbers from three to seventeen. I chose "six" as both a poetical, numinous number filled with mythic resonances and whispered truths, as well as being a good compromise figure between 3 and 17 calculated to not upset the more hidebound, numerically-orthodox minds out there in my readership. 
But I see now that even this minor gesture in the direction of open-mindedness and aesthetic daring is now being challenged and mocked. 
So, thus harassed by vicious critics, I have changed the number to the Establishment-preferred "eight." 
So The Establishment wins again. Quel surprise.

1 comment:

Samuel Gonzalez said...

Hi

I think you have a tremendous blog and I very much like to be part of your blog roll.

http://thelasttradition.blogspot.com/

Ckeck me out and I hope you add me.