Two [NATO] helicopters flew into the area to provide support, one of which fired across the border after twice receiving fire from the Pakistani side, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
The Pakistani army said in a statement that its troops fired on the helicopter after it entered Pakistani airspace in the early hours of the morning. Two of its troops were injured when the helicopter returned fire, it said.
The attack took place in the Datta Khel area of the North Waziristan tribal region. The area is a known sanctuary for Taliban and al-Qaida militants and has been targeted repeatedly by covert U.S. drone strikes.
NYTIMES' ANTI-AMERICAN HEADLINE: "NATO Helicopter Attacks Pakistani Army Post"
OF COURSE THE NYTIMES HEADLINE MAKES IT SEEM LIKE WE ATTACKED THE PAKISTANIS WHEN WE WERE IN FACT COUNTER-ATTACKING BECAUSE THEY FIRED ON US AS IF OUR ACTIONS WERE HOSTILE TO PAKISTAN.
- ANY AND ALL ATTACKS WE MAKE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE PAK-AFGHAN BORDER ARE AGAINST AL QAEDA AND TALIBAN FORCES WHICH ARE DE-STABILIZING TO ANY DEMOCRATIC/PLURALISTIC PAKISTAN.
- THEY SHOULD HELP US NOT FIRE ON US.
- THAT THE PAKISTANIS FIRE ON US AT ALL - EVER - IS HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS, IF NOT INCRIMINATING.
- NATIONALISM IS NO EXCUSE.
- IF THE PAKISTANIS WERE TRULY NATIONALISTIC THEN THEY'D WANT OUR HELP DESTROYING THE ISLAMO-RADICALS WHO RESPECT NO NATIONAL BORDERS.
- AND WHO ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR 9/11.
- THE 2001 AUMF GIVES THE POTUS THE RIGHT TO ORDER THESE ATTACKS.
- AND THE RIGHT TO DO MUCH MORE IF IT IS PROVEN THAT THE ISI WAS INVOLVED IN 9/11.
- THEN, WE CAN ATTACK PAKISTAN. AND SHOULD. AND SHOULD ANNIHILATE IT.
STAY TUNED: THE USA-PAK CONFLICT IS HEATING UP FAST.
OBAMA AND HIS FOREIGN POLICY ADVISERS ARE INSANE!